Lotus Stems - 500 gms, cut diagonally into 2 inch pieces, properly washed
Water - 3 cups
Aniseed(saunf)Powder - 1 tsp
Ginger Powder - 1 tsp,
Garlic- 4 cloves
Yogurt - 3 cups
Fried Onion Paste - 1/2 tblsp
Black Cardamoms - 2
Green Cardamoms - 2
Cloves - 4
Cinnamon - 2 one inch sticks
Ghee - 2 tblsp
Dried Mint Leaves - 1/8 tsp
Jeera - 1/8 tsp
Salt as per taste
1. Heat ghee in a pan and add yogurt, cinnamon, cardamom, cloves and garlic to it. Keep stirring the mixture till it boils.(do not stop stirring till the mixture boils)
2. Add onion paste and dried mint leaves to this mixture and mix well. Reduce the mixture to half.
3. Wash and scrape the lotus stems thoroughly and then cut the stem diagonally into 2 inch long pieces.
4. Heat some oil in another pan, add aniseed powder,ginger powder,zeera ,and 'nadir'(lotus stem).
Fry for 2-3 minutes and then add salt.
5. Mix this nadir mixture to the curd mixture and add water to the mixture.
6. Boil the mixture till the nadir become tender.
7. Serve hot with rice.